Flying Motorcycles

Alerts, help needed, and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: AntonLargiader

larsenwv

Flying Motorcycles

Post by larsenwv » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:22 pm

Interested in a flying motorcycle? Consider riding your bike to the Shenandoah Valley Regional Airport near Wyers Cave Virginia on Saturday July 17 to attend the Shenandoah Valley Ultralight and Light Sport Flight Festival. At the festival you will see up close the motorcycles of the air: powered paragliders, powered parachutes, trikes (powered hang gliders), gyroplanes, and fixed wing ultralights. These small aircraft are comparable to motorcycles in their price, maneuverability, and open air seating. Faster light sport aircraft with closed cockpits will also be on display. In addition to the aircraft, there will be flight instructors and pilots who can explain how one learns to fly (you can learn to safely fly a powered parachute after 3 to 5 hours of instruction) and vendors who sell these light aircraft. There will be free airplane rides for young people 8 – 17 years old. The festival starts at 9:00 am and ends at 2:00 pm. If you have questions, you may contact me at larsenwv@jmu.edu.

MTSweger

Re: Flying Motorcycles

Post by MTSweger » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:14 pm

larsenwv wrote:Interested in a flying motorcycle? Consider riding your bike to the Shenandoah Valley Regional Airport near Wyers Cave Virginia on Saturday July 17 to attend the Shenandoah Valley Ultralight and Light Sport Flight Festival.
Awesome! I just Googled their web site: http://shenandoahflightfestival.org

Airplanes and motorcycles? Hell yeah! Looks like a damn good excuse for a Saturday morning ride.

Thanks for posting. I'm gonna try to fit this into my schedule.

-MTS
Mike Sweger
2004 K1200GT | 2015 KTM 1290SA