Square Route Rally

Alerts, help needed, and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: AntonLargiader

AntonLargiader

Square Route Rally

Post by AntonLargiader » Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:15 pm

Friday was rainy and we simply were busy with other stuff. In fact I was working until midnight wrapping up the South Dakota project. It's DONE!!

Saturday when we woke up I went straight to the /3. I had to replace the coil before we left and see what I could discover about the charging system. Coil swap went OK, no progress on the charging but it wasn't critical (bike runs off a magneto). Meredith on the /3 and me on the /5, we're off. No luggage save a duffel bag on the back of each bike. Rt. 29 north to Madison, then 231 to Sperryville, 522 to Flint Hill, then various roads to Marshall, Purcellville, Brunswick, and finally we got to the rally at about 3:00. Attendance was light - only about 230 or so - but it was perfect for the size of the venue. I saw a lot of old friends, talked to a lot of people and stayed up really late.

This morning we stayed around until maybe 10:00, then grabbed breakfast in Smithsburg and reversed yesterday's route to come home. It really is a nice way up to the rally.

The R51/3 got a lot of attention! It really is a pretty bike. And although there are a few things that it needs, it ran perfectly for the whole 320 miles or so.
R1100RS, R100R, K75RT, R100PD, R100GS, XR400R, R75/5x2, Jetta TDI