Can you suggest some good roads in your area

Alerts, help needed, and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: AntonLargiader

Bob Gilligan

Can you suggest some good roads in your area

Post by Bob Gilligan » Thu May 05, 2005 9:18 am

Three of us from the Cleveland Ohio area will be in Marion VA within the next few weeks. Being unfamiliar with the area, but really needing a warm weather fix, we'd like to use Marion as our base camp, and put together 3 days of rides (loops) of approx 250-300 miles per day.

Can anyone in the Blue Ridge Beemers group offer some suggestions?

If you're ever in need of similar info about the Eastern Ohio area, I'll be happy to return the favor.

Regards,

Bob Gilligan
BMWOA # 56434
BMWRA # 15456

Post by Guest » Sat May 07, 2005 8:00 am

Bob, J.D. Dunn here.
Welcome to the area. Grew up in Willoughby. I have a a motorcycle book I picked up on the BRP last fall called "Motorcycle adventure". I contains maps and text on rides of the Shenandoah Valley, WV Highlands and rides on and around the BRP. What are is the date you et al, will be ariving? If I am not avaiable I could send it along to you. J.D.

Bob Gilligan

Thanks JD Dunn

Post by Bob Gilligan » Sun May 08, 2005 1:32 pm

Hi, JD - I was having trouble figuring how to respond directly to your post, so I'm sending it as a new posting.

Thanks for the response. Since we're leaving tomorrow at 8am, I can't take you up on the offer to loan us the book on roads around the BRP. But that's a good tip .... perhaps we can locate similar book during our travels.

Chuck from the BRBeemers provided us with some good info about the roads and places to go in the area, for which we are really appreciative.

I spent so much time on my Rockster the past three days, I'm going to give her a break and ride my little Kawasaki W650. It'll be a bit windy on I77 and I81, but once into the two lane roads, its a delightful bike.

Again, thanks to all who responded.

Bob Gilligan
Hudson, Ohio