Richmond Area Poker Run

Alerts, help needed, and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: AntonLargiader

Chuck

Richmond Area Poker Run

Post by Chuck » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:41 pm

BlueRidgeBeemers@aol.com received this note:

Hi, I’m Gene Snead, President of the Richmond Riders Motorcycle Club, in Richmond, of course. I’d like to invite you, your club members and friends to join us for our 12th Annual Poker Run, on Sunday, April 3rd.

The ride package costs $10 per poker hand, $15 for a 7-card hand. Ride expenses are borne by the club, and all proceeds will be donated to the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation. Brain tumors are one of the leading causes of death among kids in this country, and the research and support of these patients and their families is a vital cause well worth your time and effort. Over the years, the Richmond Riders have generated thousands of dollars in support of this worthy cause.

The poker run will have prizes and a 50/50 drawing, and the route includes some of the best country roads in central Virginia. We’ve petitioned the weather man for good weather, but this is a rain or shine event.

Registration begins at 9am, Sunday, April 3rd, at the Lowe’s Home Improvement Center parking lot at NorthPark; at the intersection of Brook Road and Parham Road, just behind River City Diner North. Last bike out is at noon, prize drawings and so forth will be held at Mulligan’s Sports Grille in the Lee-Davis Shopping Center, at the corner of Lee-Davis Road and Mechanicsville Turnpike. This is usually the first poker run of the year, and we’re looking forward to a big turnout.

For more information, you can call me at 804 301-6207, or visit our website at www.richmondriders.com.

Thanks. We’re looking forward to seeing you at the poker run.

Gene
Chuck Auckerman
Bridgewater, Virginia
1977 R100S, 2001 R1150GS

Kandy

Post by Kandy » Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:41 am

:lol: Wouldn't this work for our Blue Ridge Beemers April Breakfast Ride? I posted something on the Events Forum
Ridin' On, Kandy

Chuck

Post by Chuck » Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:34 pm

Or we could meet for breakfast as usual at 9:00 AM somewhere west of Richmond and not have to leave home so early. Registration appears to be open until noon. The Innwood suits me, although the view from the dining area isn't so great.
Chuck Auckerman
Bridgewater, Virginia
1977 R100S, 2001 R1150GS

JD

Richmond poker run

Post by JD » Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:30 pm

A return engagment to the Cresent restraunt should be considered. It's right on the way, and you bikes are in full view. The Cresent features farm fresh eggs :wink:

Chuck

Post by Chuck » Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:49 am

The Crescent Inn sounds good to me. We'll have to find some back roads to US 33 for a ride to the ride.
Chuck Auckerman
Bridgewater, Virginia
1977 R100S, 2001 R1150GS

Kandy

Post by Kandy » Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:38 pm

Sounds like we have a winner. How about a time? 9 am
Ridin' On, Kandy