Presentation Speaker offer

Alerts, help needed, and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: AntonLargiader

Chuck

Presentation Speaker offer

Post by Chuck » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:07 pm

From BlueRidgeBeemers e-mail:

During this time of the year motorcycle enthusiasts around the state are taking advantage of bad weather in order to perform the required maintenance on their machines to make sure that they are prepared when good weather returns. This is also the perfect time to make sure that we riders are prepared for the non-mechanical issues that can and do arise throughout the year. These include such issues as how Virginia's insurance laws affect you and your passenger and what can you do to make sure you are protected against a careless motorist. What are the latest laws affecting motorcyclists? What is the General Assembly up to these days and how do their actions affect you as a motorcyclist?

For over a decade members of Tom McGrath's Motorcycle Law Group have traveled across the state speaking to motorcycle clubs, groups and organizations about issues of importance to motorcyclists. If you or your organization would be interested in having a member of our firm come speak at your meeting we would be more than happy to do so. We do this at no cost other than a smile and a handshake (and perhaps suggested directions which offer the most enjoyable ride to the meeting).

If you would like for a member of our firm to come speak at one of your upcoming meetings please contact me at 1-800-321-8968, or at matt@tommcgrathloaw.com. We would enjoy the opportunity to meet with your members and discuss these issues of importance to us as motorcyclists.

I look forward to hearing from you. Until then, keep the wind in your face and the shiny side up.

Matt Danielson
Tom McGrath's Motorcycle Law Group
1-800-321-8968
Virginia Coalition of Motorcyclists
1-800-437-9434

AntonLargiader

Re: Presentation Speaker offer

Post by AntonLargiader » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:29 am

I heard Tom speak at a BMWBMW meeting several years ago. Very interesting stuff. We are probably a bit small to have him at a breakfast of ours, but he's well worth listening to.
R1100RS, R100R, K75RT, R100PD, R100GS, XR400R, R75/5x2, Jetta TDI

MTSweger

Post by MTSweger » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:39 pm

AntonLargiader wrote:I heard Tom speak at a BMWBMW meeting several years ago. Very interesting stuff. We are probably a bit small to have him at a breakfast of ours, but he's well worth listening to.
Agreed. My work had Tom McGrath in last year (or was it 2007?) to speak at our annual safety day. Lots of good info I never knew about insurance and laws affecting motorcyclists. I even have a copy of his Motorcycle Law Group DVD around here, maybe somewhere on my cluttered desk... Ah, here it is. Two copies, actually. If anyone is interested, I'll bring a copy to our next breakfast ride.

-MTS

P.S. - Where ya been, Anton? We missed you at the last few monthly rides. Hope all is well.
Mike Sweger
2004 K1200GT | 2015 KTM 1290SA

AntonLargiader

Post by AntonLargiader » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:30 am

MTSweger wrote:P.S. - Where ya been, Anton? We missed you at the last few monthly rides. Hope all is well.
Just been doing other stuff! Happened to be out of town for a few of the breakfasts, plumb forgot about one or two after I got out of the habit. Need to get back in gear again
R1100RS, R100R, K75RT, R100PD, R100GS, XR400R, R75/5x2, Jetta TDI