May Events

Alerts, help needed, and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: AntonLargiader

Chuck

May Events

Post by Chuck » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:52 pm

Does anybody not going to the Georgia Mountain Rally want to plan May First Sunday?

Also, I was thinking of resurrecting the Covered Bridge Tour for mid-May. Saturday May 19 to Sunday May 20 looks good, but it coincides with the Advrider Eastern Rendezvous at Hot Springs, NC and the just announced First Shenandoah Rally in Shenandoah NP. The tour plan is to meet at the Little Grill on N Main St in H'burg, head north for the two bridges around New Market, take a westerly route around H'burg picking up the old Harrisonburg-Warm Springs Turnpike route (it ain't VA 42), through Warm and Hot Springs to Humpback Bridge at Callghan. There through Paint Bank and connect with VA 42 for the bridges near Newport. From there head southeast to pick up VA 8 through Floyd, over Tuggles Gap and hit the bridges near Woolwine. Back west on US 58 to Willville. Total miles is about 335. Departing the Little Grill at 9:00 AM should put us at Willville before 6:00 PM with adequate photo stops, lunch, gas breaks, other breaks, and a moderate pace. Please post a reply or PM me. If there is interest, I'll post an EVENT.
Chuck Auckerman
Bridgewater, Virginia
1977 R100S, 2001 R1150GS

XILAR8

Post by XILAR8 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:14 am

Chuck,

Sounds great! I'm in.

Thanks,
John
K1300S