BMW MOA RALLY

If you know of an event that might be of interest to the local BMW riders, post it here.

Moderator: AntonLargiader

turbobob

BMW MOA RALLY

Post by turbobob » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:43 am

I'm leaving Wednesday morning But am trying to gather the others together & finalize plans, route, etc. Should know all details by Sunday afternoon.

Bob
"I have learned to use the word 'impossible' with the greatest caution." -Wernher von Braun

BUTCH

Re: BMW MOA RALLY

Post by BUTCH » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:03 pm

I may not be going to the MOA Rally because of the heat, I will see what the weather will be on Tu.I went to the Lima OH Rally and I said I would never do that any more. I did not feel good intil that Fri night, it was mid 90's and humid just like it may be at this Rally. Butch

turbobob

Post by turbobob » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:54 pm

Meeting at Mrs. Rowe's in Staunton, Wednesday the 20th of July at 8:30 AM for breakfast. Bob
"I have learned to use the word 'impossible' with the greatest caution." -Wernher von Braun

MTSweger

Post by MTSweger » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:43 am

Hi all.

I rolled into Bloomsburg yesterday morning. It was hot! Strong thunderstorms last night cooled things off... some. Now it's hot AND muggy. Gonna be even more heat and humidity later in the week if you believe Accuweather (I do). BUT, the riding up here is worth it. Nice town. Nice rally site. Setup and site prep is coming together well. (Never realized a rally needed so many freakin' SIGNS though.)

Hope to see some Blue Ridge Beemers up here. C'mon y'all, don't wuss out on me now. If you let the weather dictate your plans, you'll NEVER ride. Plus, you know what they say about misery loving company. Hey, it's a rally. In July. What did you expect? ;-)

I'm in the Sherpa section (near the GS track) if anyone wants to stop by for a cigar and some good single malt...

Ride safe,

-MTS

Mike Sweger
2004 K1200GT
Mike Sweger
2004 K1200GT | 2015 KTM 1290SA