Local weekday get-togethers

If you know of an event that might be of interest to the local BMW riders, post it here.

Moderator: AntonLargiader

AntonLargiader

Local weekday get-togethers

Post by AntonLargiader » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:01 pm

Anyone know of any? I've seen a few in the past but I don't know which of them are still active.

Used to be one that Steve Coburn started up in Forest Lakes.

Was one at the Wild Wing cafe, by the Amtrak station.

Just heard of one at McGrady's on Wednesday afternoons. Might be the Wild Wing one has moved.

Anyone have the low-down?
R1100RS, R100R, K75RT, R100PD, R100GS, XR400R, R75/5x2, Jetta TDI

tfjtolson

Re: Local weekday get-togethers

Post by tfjtolson » Sat May 01, 2010 10:08 pm

According to the cvillesportbikes web site
http://www.cvillesportbikes.freeforums. ... -t280.html
As of mid-April Bike Night moved back to Wild Wings Cafe on Wednesdays.
(You're right, Anton, last fall this was at McGrady's but one of the principles told me
he didn't really like it there)
On 4/13, The Wild Wings rep posted to the list:
I would like to welcome Bike Night back to Wild Wing Cafe.... The first improvement we are making is giving you a better discount as riders. Our happy hour runs until 7pm but we are willing to extend that happy hour to riders only. The discount is 2fer1 on several of our appetizers and tall drafts at the price of short drafts (i.e. 23oz guiness for $4.50 instead of $6.50) along with a few other discounts on beer/liquor. So if you ride, and that doesnt mean "i always ride but couldn't today, i should still get the discount," therefore if you pull up on a bike and are enjoying food/beverages helmet in hand then you will get the discount. I would like to reward those who actually ride to bike night. If you noticed the 15% usually only covered a dollar or two so this should make a little more difference in your wallet.
Tim F.J. Tolson
Crozet
1974 BMW R75/6 and 2005 BMW R1200RT