January 23: slide show at Morton's

If you know of an event that might be of interest to the local BMW riders, post it here.

Moderator: AntonLargiader

AntonLargiader

January 23: slide show at Morton's

Post by AntonLargiader » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:00 am

A friend of mine, Jason Adams, is holding a slide show about the GS Trophy in Tunisia. I don't know the details but maybe Morton's will post something on their site (at the moment there isn't anything).

Jason was one of the six riders (three journalists and three "reg'lar folk") selected by BMWNA to compete in this. Teams came from five different countries.

If you get OTL, this was featured in an issue.
R1100RS, R100R, K75RT, R100PD, R100GS, XR400R, R75/5x2, Jetta TDI

MTSweger

Re: January 23: slide show at Morton's

Post by MTSweger » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:44 am

AntonLargiader wrote:A friend of mine, Jason Adams, is holding a slide show about the GS Trophy in Tunisia. I don't know the details but maybe Morton's will post something on their site (at the moment there isn't anything).

Jason was one of the six riders (three journalists and three "reg'lar folk") selected by BMWNA to compete in this. Teams came from five different countries.
It's on Morton's web site (http://mortonsbmw.com/) under "events" now:
mortonsbmw.com wrote:January 21-23, 2010 / Winter Rally at Morton's BMW

What could be better in the middle of winter than a motorcycle rally?

Given the usual January weather, we decided to hold a "rally" inside, with plenty of sales -- even on heated gear! -- starting on January 21 and ending with a very special event. On Saturday, January 23, we'll have our annual chili cook-off, featuring recipes from staff members and the pros at Hard Times Cafe! Come taste several different types of chili and vote for your fave!

After warming up with chili, sit back and enjoy a terrific peresentation by two of the three American riders who captured the BMW GS Trophy in Tunisia in 2008. Jason Adams and Jim Stoddard, who teamed up with Brad Hendry to represent the USA in the competition, will be here to show pictures and tell stories about their adventure. Check out the video preview at left.

Don't miss this great Saturday event and, as usual, it's all FREE!
Looks like a good excuse to head over to Fredericksburg on the 23rd. Anyone up for a Saturday ride if the roads are clear of snow/ice that day?
AntonLargiader wrote:If you get OTL, this was featured in an issue.
I never did receive the latest issue of OTL for some reason. :x Our mail carrier is a "person of interest" in the ongoing investigation... :mrgreen:

-MTS
Mike Sweger
2004 K1200GT | 2015 KTM 1290SA

XILAR8

Re: January 23: slide show at Morton's

Post by XILAR8 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:25 pm

Looks like a good excuse to head over to Fredericksburg on the 23rd. Anyone up for a Saturday ride if the roads are clear of snow/ice that day?
Saturday weather looks pretty good right now. I'd consider riding to Mortons.
John
K1300S