Chuck Auckerman

If you know of an event that might be of interest to the local BMW riders, post it here.

Moderator: AntonLargiader

BUTCH

Chuck Auckerman

Post by BUTCH » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:55 am

Sept 20th at 2:00 pm at Mt Solon Va we will meet to vist with friends and family of Chuck. From Bridgewater take 42 south to Moscow 8 mi turn R on 607 it turns in to 731 keep stright 2.5 mi large white house on the left. Butch

eap

Re: Chuck Auckerman

Post by eap » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:17 pm

UPDATE: Here's the directions to Chucks memorial:

Here's a link to Spring Meadows location on a map. If you are coming from Bridgewater, you take Rt 42 south, Main Street, out of Bridgewater across the bridge. Continue through the country; where it curves very sharply to the left, bear more straight onto Rt 747 (Mossy Creek Rd), the same way the sign for Natural Chimneys points. Stay on Mossy Creek Rd into Mt Solon, at the four-way stop sign turn left onto Natural Chimneys Rd (opposite direction of signage to Natural Chimneys). The barn will be on the right side of the road.

The family would still like for people to RSVP to simply know how many chairs to set up.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 13797&z=16
EAP

captain gs

Post by captain gs » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:53 am

Re the chair count; I'll certainly be there.
Harvey

MTSweger

Post by MTSweger » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:07 pm

Nice turnout for Chuck's memorial today. It was good to see you guys and hear the words of remembrance from just a few of Chuck's many friends. Wish I had known Chuck longer than just a few years, but I am honored to have ridden with him and learned much from his experiences in that short time. Chuck had so many great travel tales and he always seemed to lighten the mood at any gathering. His presence always brought a smile to my face anyway. He was just that kind of guy.

Oh, and how cool was that old converted barn where we met to celebrate Chuck's life today? A unique, warm and inviting place to get together and remember a very unique, warm and inviting fellow! Quite appropriate, I think.

-MTS
Mike Sweger
2004 K1200GT | 2015 KTM 1290SA