Relay for Life of Buckingham

If you know of an event that might be of interest to the local BMW riders, post it here.

Moderator: AntonLargiader

Chuck

Relay for Life of Buckingham

Post by Chuck » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:22 pm

From the BRB e-mail:

Hi, I am organizing a motorcycle run in Cumberland Va to benefit the relay for life of Buckingham. All of the money raised will benefit the american cancer society. After the run we will have a "family event" that all are welcome to and will feature music, food, and more. The cost will be $15 for a single rider and $20 for double. Please email if you may be interested and I can give you the information.

Sherry Midkiff
stylingforu@yahoo.com

MTSweger

Re: Relay for Life of Buckingham

Post by MTSweger » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:18 pm

Chuck wrote:From the BRB e-mail:

Hi, I am organizing a motorcycle run in Cumberland Va to benefit the relay for life of Buckingham. All of the money raised will benefit the american cancer society. After the run we will have a "family event" that all are welcome to and will feature music, food, and more. The cost will be $15 for a single rider and $20 for double. Please email if you may be interested and I can give you the information.

Sherry Midkiff
Chuck,

Do you have an e-mail address or any other contact info for this person? I might be interested in participating. Have they set a date for this event?

-MTS
Mike Sweger
2004 K1200GT | 2015 KTM 1290SA

Chuck

Post by Chuck » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:56 am

Oops. I missed that. I dug around the the old mail and came up with the address in the edit.
Chuck Auckerman
Bridgewater, Virginia
1977 R100S, 2001 R1150GS

MTSweger

Post by MTSweger » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:36 pm

More details from Sherry Midkiff (stylingforu@yahoo.com), in case anyone was wondering about the date and time for this event:
Hello, the event is on May 3rd @ 2:00 p.m. We had a slight change in prices, but it was only to be able to include dinner. The price is $20 for single rider and $25 double rider. All proceeds go to the relay for life. We're hoping to have different bands and alot of fun. This is a great opportuntity to support the cause, and we appreciate your interest. PLEASE spread the word. I am attaching a flyer for you. Thanks so much!
Sherry Midkiff
Hatcher Baptist Church
5 Gravel Hill Rd.
Dillwyn,VA 23936
I'm still not clear on the location (it's at the church, I guess) because I couldn't open the attachment she included (a .wps file, but I'm on a *nix machine here). If anyone wants a copy of the flyer, let me know and I'll forward is via e-mail.

-MTS
Mike Sweger
2004 K1200GT | 2015 KTM 1290SA