April First Sunday

If you know of an event that might be of interest to the local BMW riders, post it here.

Moderator: AntonLargiader

MikeyM

April First Sunday

Post by MikeyM » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:27 pm

Just figured I would relocate Chuck's suggestion to a new thread. It sounds good to me but so would 6 Egg McMuffins.
Chuck wrote:While we're on an upscale roll, how about this one: http://brasseriemontiel.com/default.aspx

AntonLargiader

Post by AntonLargiader » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:48 pm

Looking at the menu, I guess it's "If you have to ask..."
R1100RS, R100R, K75RT, R100PD, R100GS, XR400R, R75/5x2, Jetta TDI

JoeBeemer

Post by JoeBeemer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:00 pm

As Mikey said, "It sounds good to me but so would 6 Egg McMuffins. "

JB
'99 R1200C, '99 323Ci, '02 530i, and a big red '97 Pierce 75' aerial
BMWMOA 136709

Chuck

Post by Chuck » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:48 am

Sounds good to me. Butch had looked into this and got this reply from the Brasserie:

Thanks so much for your email. Brasserie Montiel & Coffee House opens for breakfast at 7:30. Our price range for breakfast entrees is approximately $5.50 to $9. We will be serving a la carte breakfast and lunch on Easter. We also own La Cocina del Sol - Cville down stairs from Brasserie Montiel. We will open a traditional breakfast buffet starting at 9:00 for Easter. Normally the brunch buffet opens at 10, but we have had requests to open earlier for Easter Sunday.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us at 434-872-0272.

Regards,
Rhonda

So, the concensus seems to be, meet Sunday April 6 at Brasserie Montiel (see link in above post for directions).

Eat at 9:00 AM
Ride ~ 10:00 AM

Thanks for the planning, guys.
Chuck Auckerman
Bridgewater, Virginia
1977 R100S, 2001 R1150GS

J.D.

April First Sunday

Post by J.D. » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:05 pm

With a moniker like " Brasserie" who could say no ?
And you might ask yourself, "where does that highway go?"
DISCLAIMER:
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance this missive's individual character and
beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

MTSweger

Post by MTSweger » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:20 pm

Chuck wrote:So, the concensus seems to be, eet Sunday April 6 at Brasserie Montiel (see link in above post for directions).
Sheesh, you guys are killing me... Not sure if I can stand such a long ride all the way down the street to Brasserie Montiel (about 1/4 mile from the house). Wait a minute, Hydraulic Road is pretty much all downhill to Commonwealth, so maybe I can just coast there from here.

On second thought, maybe I'll do a few warm-up laps around C'ville before breakfast. :wink:

See you there...

-MTS
Mike Sweger
2004 K1200GT | 2015 KTM 1290SA

XILAR8

Post by XILAR8 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:09 pm

Rats. I'll miss the April breakfast & ride. We're doing a college visit that weekend.
John
K1300S

MTSweger

Post by MTSweger » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:30 pm

Chuck wrote:So, the concensus seems to be, meet Sunday April 6 at Brasserie Montiel (see link in above post for directions).

Eat at 9:00 AM
Ride ~ 10:00 AM

Did a bit of recon this morning for the eat 'n ride thing next weekend... Chris and I took our ladies to brunch at Brasserie Montiel. The food was palatable, waitress was congenial, service was prompt, and their coffee was decent (not as good as the java at La Taza, but satisfying nonetheless). I had the eggs benedict, which could have used a bit more hollandaise sauce, but was otherwise well prepared. The "Parmesan Cheese Tomato" on the side was a nice touch, but could have been much better had it been made with a nice fresh vine-ripened tomato (wrong season I guess). Not a bad meal--I've had better and I've had worse.

Getting an area that is sufficiently large for our group could be somewhat tenuous, but we can probably have them push a few tables together. We asked our server to remind Alex that they should expect up to a dozen or so hungry riders next Sunday around 9:00, so hopefully they'll be ready for us.

-MTS
Mike Sweger

Chuck

Post by Chuck » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:27 pm

I had also warned them to expect ten or twelve of us at 9:00 AM Sunday. They had the tables ready amd that gave JD and I lots of room. I had a custom omelet that was decent and the coffee was served in large cups and kept topped up. Looks to me like a good place to give another try sometime.

A little damp on the ride over, but I took the long way home, burned up the rest of the tank I started with and ended up dry.
Chuck Auckerman
Bridgewater, Virginia
1977 R100S, 2001 R1150GS

MTSweger

Ride to Eat, or... just wimp out and eat

Post by MTSweger » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:57 pm

Chuck wrote:I had also warned them to expect ten or twelve of us at 9:00 AM Sunday. They had the tables ready amd that gave JD and I lots of room. I had a custom omelet that was decent and the coffee was served in large cups and kept topped up. Looks to me like a good place to give another try sometime.

A little damp on the ride over, but I took the long way home, burned up the rest of the tank I started with and ended up dry.
Hi Chuck,

Yeah, sorry I wimped out this morning. Chris and I decided not to come out and play in the rain today. Instead, we took the ladies downstairs for the brunch buffet at La Coina Del Sol... Wow! Now THAT was a great meal. Might seem a bit pricey to some ($16), but I don't think so, considering that their buffet table had about two dozen EXCELLENT items to choose from. In addition to standard breakfast fare (bacon, eggs, sausage, pastries, etc.), they had some wonderful steak medalions in demi-glaze sauce, superb grilled chicken with black beans and salsa verde, broiled catfish (which I didn't try), huevos rancheros (muy bien!), and several types of salad. So... Although I didn't ride today, I did add some "personal ballast" (low and around the middle) to help keep the K1's wheels firmly planted on the next ride. :)

Damn, I'm still full from that meal. (I guess it's no wonder my leathers no longer fit.) Anyway, La Cocina del Sol is definitely worth considering for a future meeting/ride. Only problem is that their buffet doesn't open until 10:30 on Sunday morning. Brasserie Montiel works too (maybe a good location for "this-side-of-the-mountain" rides next winter).

-MTS
Mike Sweger